Sunday, August 31, 2008

Every year I watch bits and pieces of the Jerry Lewis Telethon. My Uncle Shrimate had ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord) and died of it many years ago - 21 to be exact. He died July 23, 1987. When I was little I remember calling and donating $5 to the campaign. I don't recall paying the $5, but I'm sure the parents did. I was little! Anyway...Every year I tune in. I'm a little irritated that dad has the remote and has changed the channel to stupid SciFi. I'd like him to switch back and forth, but asking him to do anything is a challenge sometimes.

The stories make me teary. I'm not sure I can tolerate it this year. I'm emotional enough as it is.

The famdamily came over tonight and they wanted to talk about the surgery. I really don't care to talk about it or to hear how fine they think I should be with it. Addi and Adina are twins. Aunt Addi couldn't be here, but that story is a little later. Aunt Adina and Uncle Rajeev are sweet. Uncle Rajeev drives me crazy though. We're both amateur photographers, though I'm more on the professional side. I feel our talents are equal though our styles are very different. There was this weird uglyass catepilar type thing on the deck and I wanted to take pictures. I took a ton, because the more the better is my philosophy. More of a chance of that perfect shot. Rajeev is all "I could have gotten that shot in 8". Whatever, old man! My shot would have been way better. Then Uncle Zart and Aunt Zwartha showed up. Aunt Zwartha is all "we've all been there, Brennan". What? You have four kids! Aunt Adina said "Zwartha, you haven't been there. She's too young". At least Aunt Adina has my back. THEN....Assburger and Adfwyn showed up. Assburger has, I think, Aspbergers disease (one of several autism spectrum disorders (ASD) characterized by difficulties in social interaction and by restricted, stereotyped patterns of behavior, interests and activities). All he can talk about is work, cars and stereo's. Adfwyn is going to school to be a nurse, so she knew ALL about my surgery and what drugs I can expect and the incision that was likely (she was wrong) and so on. Just like her mother in law, Zwartha, she knows everything. Later, Uncle Bearach and Aunt Kruhur came. Bearach is highlarious! Kruhur knows just about as much as Zwartha and Adfwyn.

Anyway....I think the way they all acted around me was a taste of what I can expect this week at work. I hope not, but I do think it's how it'll go. I'm not looking forward to it. But if people will just leave me alone and let me do my work, no one will need to die.

I've been texting with Kemah tonight. I would love to move in with her. We get along so well and have so much fun together. I miss her dearly. I think I"m just itching to move. Nivere moved to a new city not far from Kemah this weekend. I don't want to live with her, but she gets to live in this hot luxury apartment and work for a wealthy company. It's not fair, but whatever. Life gives me what it does and there's nothing I can do to change it.

I guess I could stop typing now. I'm bored yet prolific as hell, apparently.