Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm learning

Maybe I am smart, afterall.  All this time I thought that everyone else is stupid...and a big part of me still believes that.  But today, questions people are sending me that I find ridiculously easy they are having difficulty with.
 
Shrug sent an email that his webpage wasn't working.  Just from what he explained on the email I knew exactly what was wrong.  Amira couldn't figure it out and gave it back to me.  It's not rocket science and she's been doing the intranet long enough that she should be able to pick that stuff up as easily as I can.  She's been doing this for over a year now.  Give me a break!
 
Smokey can't even make a simple chart in excel.  Again...not rocket science.  As a matter of fact, it's barely basic science!!  It's a simple chart...excel does the work for you, but she didn't even know how to set up that data.  Who doesn't know how to do that?  My 12 year old nephew can do that.  hell, he can do most everything I can!
 
So today I'm thinking maybe I do have advanced skills.  Maybe I take for granted that things I think are easy and assume that everyone knows how to do  them  are actually things that take some amount of skill/
 
Mostly....I think everyone else really is stupid and lazy.