There's just no way around it. I'm mean. I read Phelan's letter to mom. And while I know it was hard for him to write and it means so much to him, he really does have his own memories of the past - he remembers things as he wants to remember them, not as they actually happened. I won't call him out on it. But it kind of reinforces to me that he's either a pathological liar (and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way - I really think he believes the stories he tells) or there's just something else wrong in his head. It makes me sad actually. I think that's why he struggles so much between keeping a job, keeping relationships and getting along with others. I wish he could go see a dr and get on something that would make him see the world in a normal way.
I couldn't finish reading his letter. not sure I ever will. I can't even push myself to go back through my blog to read what I wrote the days after mom died. I'd like to share that with a couple people but I'm not ready for that and neither are they.