Friday, October 24, 2008

I Am Ambivolant

Not really, but I like that word today. 
 
Mom's been really sick.  She went to a new specialist this week and he immediatly sent her to the hospital for three rounds of high dosage steroids.  Starting today she's on 60mgs of steroids a day for 4 weeks, after which she'll get more blood tests and then more steroids or start to taper steroids. 
 
I've been working with my cousin Florentina on some cards for her business.  I assumed it'd be no big deal - maybe 30 minutes of work.  It's been a week long ordeal, and the cards look like shit with what they want done.  They are not designers, so if they think they can do it without a designer, go ahead and do it.  I don't have time to fuck around and I'm not getting paid for this.  It's not even something I'd care to add to my portfolio - it'd NEVER get me a job!  It's horrible.  And Florentina knows I have a lot going on with mom and dad and myself recovering, but she doesn't give a shit or doesn't realize the time it takes to do this shit.  It's just irritating. 

I haven't gotten anything done I wanted to, as far as my portfolio.  The company I work for is failing miserably, so I can't count on keeping a job there.  My mind is definitely back at work.  I know I'm walking right into chaos and mayhem and I'm not looking forward to it.  Oh well.  Life goes on, right?