Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's so frustrating...

...working with the limitations I am bound to at work.  I am redesinging our intranet.  I have this BEAUTIFUL design and was talking to someone else - I didn't think about how others would change their pages.  I opened it in front page - no go.  Everyday page "owners" would not be able to update their pages.  It'd look too confusing for them and they'd fuck it up in a heartbeat.  My immediate rationale - I'll make their changes.  And I'd love nothing more than to do that, but it won't happen.  I have too much to do and the intranet is a full time job.  Even the person who helps me now would fuck it up if I left it in this beautiful design I have.  Maybe I need to see how I can make this design work in a different format.  It just sucks because this one is SO EASY and perfect from a user standpoint.  Simple obvious and logical navigation is the key, and this has that very potential.  But because I am limited to Front Page, I cannot use this template.  I'm so pissed.  We can't afford dreamweaver for everyone and I don't have the time to train people on it anyway.  It just makes a difficult task even more difficult.  But I'm learning, so that's good.  It's just a very frustrating process. 
 
EVERYTHING is frustrating lately.  And that's....FRUSTRATING!!  I feel the need to stay here a while longer and try to figure out my intranet issues.