Monday, November 30, 2009

I am vegan....maybe

I made a halfassed decision yesterday to be vegan as a health thing.  Not because I'm against eating animals or animal products.  I'm a steak and potatoes kinda girl and for health reasons I need to be a sticks and twigs girl for a while.  Not sure how long this phase will last.  While I'm not hungry (had broccoli and hummus for lunch) i'm far from satisfied.  Dinner will most definitely be a challenge, but I'll try!!  I am going to try for two or three weeks to see how it goes.
 
A whole slew of one year anniversaries for mom are coming up.  Yesterday was 10 months.  Friday is one year for when she went in the hospital.  I had to get a mammogram this morning and had a hard time with flashbacks to mom's stay in the hospital.  But I got through it.  Plus having your chest crushed tends to take your mind off of EVERYTHING but the pain!