Not really that deep today, but I liked the title!
Today I have been reminded for hours why I am having surgery. Maybe the pain medication I'd been taking had residual effects. I didn't need it often. Actually there were many days I didn't need anything at all. But now that I've been off of them for a few days (surgical requirement instituted by Nazi's, I'm sure) I've had horrible pain all day. THIS is why I'm having a hysterectomy. I shouldn't have to live with pain all the time. And today...it's easily a 7 on the pain scale and a 12 on the annoying scale. It's been nice though. The fam is letting me be lazy and lay in bed and be antisocial. It's fantastic. I'm going to go down and be social so I don't look like a asshole, but for the most part, it's been a great day. I worked really hard all week and deserve this break.
I've been reading various blogs ranging from random people to designers to blogging about blogs. I have said a few times I want this blog to be more than my rant page. I don't know exactly what it'll be or what it will lead to, but I have thoughts and plans on that! I was looking at picasa to store my photography online, but they don't offer enough space. Shutterfly is supposedly limitless. I'm about to test them with my 400 gigs of pictures. Actually they won't ALL go on there because I'm sure there isn't an online photo storage place that will take my raw files, but I can at least have jpgs stored somewhere other than my portable drive. I am very nervous about only having one copy of all of my photography. I've gone WAY past using DVD's at this point to back them up. I'll need 100 dvd's to do that! I can probably go between dvd's and cd's if I back up by date or subject matter. But that takes time. I do, however, have two months of free time heading my way in a week, so maybe that'll be a project for me. Zeus suggested that. He told me to not work, not worry about work, and to spend time reading, watching movies and sorting my pictures (he knows that'll be fun and relaxing for me).
It's interesting...having worked with Zeus for two+ years now how well he knows me and how well I know him. It's kinda cool. We have this sort of brother/sister type of relationship. We're protective of each other professionally and personally. Only, he doesn't quite have my back financially, and I guess I need to get over that. I won't get the raise I want, I'm sure. And I know I won't hear about it until the week of November 10th - and that better be one of the first things we discuss!
I was looking today at my materials for applying for the MBA program. I need to write an essay about why I want the MBA,why B University should take me on and why I want to go through their program. I'll have to think about that, I guess. I'm competitive - Amiko is starting her MBA next week. I can't let her have an MBA when I don't have one. I have a Masters degree in media design already, but I want another one. To be honest, I want a PhD, but I feel it'd be useless to have one because I still don't think I want to teach. I have moments when I do, but for now, I'm too into design to let that go. Anyway...I need to figure out why I want my MBA and why B University is the place for me to go. Telling them their program was the cheapest MBA Marketing degree I could find probably won't work. We'll see, though. I'll dream up some BS! I wrote an essay for Turlach years ago and the comment from his teach was "you'll make a great automotive service writer!" LOL! No I wouldn't. I don't know shit about automotive. But the point of that is I'm a good writer when I put my mind to it.
My blogs don't prove that. Neither does my photography. Not that photography has anything to do with writing! Zeus said something to me yesterday that made me think. We were looking at pictures from the photo contest and he showed me his favorite and was shocked that I had taken the picture. He said that my photography is great, but that this style wasn't like anything he had seen from me and that it was probably my best work. I told him that anything else he's seen from me was point and shoot. When I take my time, put my mind to it and look for that right shot, my style and results are much different. And the same is true for my writing. My entries so far are very "point and shoot" oriented. There's no real thought or effort behind them, and that's what I'd like to change. We'll see if I can follow through. That's one of my biggest flaws. I'm a terrible follow through-er.