Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Am Intimidating

Or so I'm told.  My brother's "friends" told him that they don't come to visit because I'm very intimidating.  I speak my mind.  I tell people what I think if they ask me.  And sometimes when they don't ask.  Like his "friends"...they know I think they're dicks and I'll call them dicks.  So I think they're not so much intimidated by me but afraid of the truth.  My motto is "I'll call a dick a dick.  If you're a dick who's afraid of hearing the truth, you'll hate me."  But I'm always polite about it.  For real!  I have been told I have a way of saying things that it sounds really nice and almost a compliment at first.  Then about 5 mintues after I've walked away, they realize they've been insulted. 
 
What made me think about this is two people at work have just said that I AM intimidating.  No I'm not!!  I swear, I'm not.  At my job, I'm the webmaster.  People fuck up the website ALL the time.  That's why there are two versions of the website.  one they can fuck up and I can clean it up and then post it to the real site.  Well, this one girl refuses to ask me to change her page.  She'll go to ANYONE, including the IT department who wants nothing to do with the website, before she comes to me.  Typically if someone tells her to ask me, she says that she doesn't have time and would they please ask me instead.  Whatever.  It's getting to the point that I feel I should show her what intimidation really is, but I can't and won't do that.  But this other person who is my "friend" just said that I am definitely intimidating.  Really...I'm not.  And I don't understand where she gets that from.  I've never even been rude to her. 
 
So now my poor little feelings are hurt.  I'm not really intimidating.  I'm very sensative and easily wounded.  I try to think of other people's feeling before I speak my mind.  And I only really speak my mind in a bad way when I'm not comfortable with the person I'm talking to or they deserve to know they're a dick. 
 
Whatever.  Maybe I'm a walking contradiction.  Mostly I'm just a girl trying to do her damn job!