Saturday, August 16, 2008

I am a wedding photographer

Today is my first official day as a wedding photography. Maybe the only, depends on how it all goes. I'm way nervous. I'm not necessarily unsure of my abilities, but I'm most definitely unsure I have enough memory on my camera to take all of the pictures I want to take. I think I'll end up going to work to get my laptop so I can unload the camera when and if it's necessary. I can't afford to buy a new card today. Sucks, but that's life, I guess. I hate being broke, but that's a whole other post.

The bride and groom have given me absolutely no direction, so I'm kind of on my own with naming the shots. I feel insecure about it too. I shouldn't worry too much because it will be the white trashiest event of the season. I hope I'm wrong on that, but I'm sure I'm not. Anyway...I do worry because I want to do a good job. I want to be able to do this more and more. That'd be a dream, wouldn't it? Being an official wedding photographer? Hell...being any kind of real photographer would be great. I am just an amateur and will probably not be more than that.

I've been looking at wedding websites for at least an hour now. All that is doing is making me feel insecure about my abilities as a photographer. And the shots I love I won't be able to get. There won't be many if any kids. Maybe Beef's kids. Oh...Phil's daughter will be there, so she could be fun to photograph.

I'm also feeling insecure about what I plan to wear. As of right now I"m planning on khaki's and a green shirt, but I'm starting to think I should suck it up and wear a fucking skirt. I hate skirts and more than that I hate wearing big girl shoes. I want to wear comfy shoes. I don't think I'll be underdressed in khaki's and worry I'd be over dressed in a skirt. However, I want to show off my tattoo...so the jury is still out on what I'll wear today.

Anyway...maybe I'll just get off my ass and drive down to work to get the laptop. And what sucks about the laptop is I don't think there's enough memory on that to unload my memory card....shit...I KNOW there's not enough. Fuck. I'll have to work it out, I guess. Maybe I don't really need to shoot in raw. When I shot Christy's wedding it was all in raw, but didn't need to be. The edits I made didn't need the editing capabilities available in raw. Maybe the real important shots will be done in raw, and the rest jpg. Maybe even a lower jpg too, because I don't need the pictures to be 58 inches wide. Hmmm...now that's an idea. Maybe Turlach will be willing to get there a little early and be my guinea pig to see what I'll need to do for lighting, flash and all that stuff.

Oh...one last thing. The bride and groom never told me how to get to their wedding.

Wish me luck!