I had a busy weekend. The wedding went very well, as previously stated. Yesterday I drove to the parent's abode to pay homage to the eldest brother, Phelan. He was less annoying than usual. What I don't get about him is that he is STILL making sure we all know he's gay. Yes....we know you're gay Phelan. We get it. Stop talking about how hot this guy is or that guy. And stop with the inuendo's, especially in front of your kid. You won't say "gay" in front of him, but you'll sit there an talk about how hot guys are? And the 'rents PISSED me off. Phelan doesn't have a driver's license and isn't supposed to drive Fin around. Mother let Phelan drive Fin. They had lunch together and had a nice little time, but Fin was nervous about it and has every intention of telling his mother (Aine). Mom doesn't get (or care) how pissed off Aine will be and how that could harm her trust in all of us. I understand why she let Phelan drive. I really do get it. But there's so much more at stake than Phelan acting like fucking daddy of the year for a week, only to disappoint Fin by leaving again. If Aine gets pissed enough, she could NOT let us see Fin.
I need to stop talking about it because I'm getting pissed off. I wish I had an off switch sometimes.
That issue aside, the visit with Phelan was nice. The drive was nice. And I was all relaxed when I came into work today. And then I saw my desk. Monopoly. I completely forgot I have to run that fucking game again this afternoon. What a pain in my ass. The boss, Keenan, took all the credit on Friday for doing the game. He didn't do a damn thing. Whatever. I won't stick around to listen to his BS this afternoon. Seeing that damn monopoly money on my desk pissed me off.
On an interesting note, I started what is 99.9% likely to be my very last period ever. I'm mixed about that. I"m keeping light on the pain pills to remind myself why I'm having a hysterectomy in three weeks. I love that I won't have to deal with this anymore, but part of me still thinks "Hey...this isn't that bad - no need for such drastic measures." I hate that part of me and I wish she'd shut the fuck up. In reality, it IS that bad. If I didn't have pain pills for weeks like this, I'd be off of work one week a month. It was hard to get out of bed and when I did, I said fuck it and took a pain pill. Now I feel a little better and the little bitch within is all "I told you so...it's not that bad". She needs to die. I'll be killing her on September 8th.